Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodland Festival 29th/30th September Anglesey

Events, meetings and courses

Woodland Festival 29th/30th September Anglesey

Postby Carnog » Wed Sep 12, 2012 2:01 pm

I thought that people might like to know about this woodland event coming up on Anglesey soon. I am going to be doing horselogging demonstrations all day Saturday and Sunday, so if anyone is interested in finding out more about horselogging or other woodland activities then come along and join us, there will be loads to see and it is free! For more details see http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/plas-newydd/things-to-see-and-do/events/#iframeEvents or http://www.carnog.co.uk
Carnog

Re: Woodland Festival 29th/30th September Anglesey

Postby tracy » Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Have a great time Carnog. Send us some photos when you get a chance, be nice to put them up here.
tracy

Postby Stephen1 » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Thanks for this Carnog - somehow I'd missed it. Are you going to have a stand there?
Stephen1

Postby Carnog » Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:43 pm

I will post any good photos on here. We won't have a 'stand' as such - although I will have a small display with some pictures on (happy to promote SWOG if you have some publicity)- We will be demonstrating with the horses in the field and in the woodland the different techniques of horselogging such as working a single horse and a pair, using basic snigging equipment and a timber arch and showing the different ways horses can be a good answer in tight spaces or on difficult terrain. Looking forward to it and the horses always love the camera!
Carnog

Return to Forthcoming Events