Small Woodland Owners' Group

free tuition offer

Anything to do with SWOG Membership, meetings and find people with skills to offer

Postby rogerspianocat » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:33 am

Hi Splodger,

I'd love to come along to your dad's wood - I've recently started in green woodworking and am keen to learn from those that know. This sounds like a great deal to me!

Roger

rogerspianocat

Postby splodger » Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:47 am

great stuff - i had a feeling a few people on this forum might be interested

i think Rich is compiling a list of people interested - he can then liaise with me (and interested parties) so that we can arrange suitable dates

dad is happy to take small groups and individuals - so i am sure everybody interested will have the opportunity to meet my dad - i am sure he would welcome repeat (as well as one off) visits

i will be meeting dad up the woods tomorrow - so i will let him know that there is plenty of interest in the tuition offer - and i am sure he will be thrilled

splodger

Postby earlybay » Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:39 pm

Another one here who would be interested - pretty new to woodland skills and be great to learn from someone who has spent their life doing it ..

earlybay

Postby Rich » Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:24 am

Ok great, I'll put an email round this afternoon see if we can get a consensus for dates and topics. It might be quite nice on the first meeting to run through the tools, their use and maintenance etc I know Rona's Dad has quite a collection! If anyone else has a new email address or doesn't receive the email, could you let me know your new one by emailing [email protected]

cheers

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby splodger » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:04 am

to all those who are interested in tuition sessions - if you email rich he will pass on your email addy to me - so that i can sort out dates for you

my dad (he is called dave by the way) is happy to take small groups or individuals - so please let me know if you prefer to have a group session - but be mindful that having a group session may not allow enough time to cover lots of specific topics and is likely to be more general / basic stuff

it would also be useful to know if you anticipate making more than one visit - or if you would like just a one off tutorial day - dave would be happy to have repeat / regular visits so you can visit as often as you like

also - if there is a particular topic / skill that you would like covered in your initial session - just let me know - and i'll check with dave to see if that can be included

hopefully - i will be in touch with you all soon

best regards

splodger

splodger

Postby Rich » Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:36 am

Thanks Splodger and of course, please extend our thanks to you Dad.

looking forward to meeting up soon.

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby splodger » Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:18 am

hi guys and gals - i have sent an email out to all those that have been emailed by rich - if it's not in your inbox - please check the spam - as my emails often get sent there because of the odd name - lol

splodger

Postby austino » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:52 am

What a kind and generous offer. I have seen many people at fairs etc working green wood but as yet have not got round to it. I guess a life of fighting back the rhoddy so far ahs kept me busy but with the end in sight on this particular mission would free me to get involved in this fascinating craft, and who better to learn from!

austino

Re: free tuition offer

Postby splodger » Thu May 31, 2012 5:28 pm

just thought i would ressurect this thread - as my father is still keen to offer free tuition / guidance / advice on green wood work (amongst other things)

he is not a well man tbh - and he would just love to pass on a bit of his knowledge to anyone that would like to learn

he really enjoyed the visits from a few swog members last year - and he is happy to have more sessions this year, if anybody would like to listen to an old man who is passionate about wood

i am obviously extremely biased about his abilities - so i would love to have some feedback from any of you that have met him :D

we are based on hants / wilts border - if anybody is interested ;)
splodger

Previous

Return to Member issues, skills register and questions