Small Woodland Owners' Group

Skills register

Anything to do with SWOG Membership, meetings and find people with skills to offer

Postby tracy » Thu Jul 31, 2008 2:08 pm

HI Bob

Welcome! Great to have you here. Would you like to write a How To guide with some photos about how to make the toilets?

Or, something else.... top 10 tips on building a shed or something! Email me:[email protected] if you are interested

I hope you enjoy this forum

Tracy

tracy

Postby Toby Allen » Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:19 pm

Hello,

I'm new to this website. But feel I may have a few things to offer.

Me and Aly run a woodlands services and products business based in Herefordshire, travelling around to work in various woodlands and estates.

We offer practical help with most aspects of woodland managment, for timber, amenity and conservation. Using our Woodmizer to add value whenever possible.

We coppice Sweet Chestnut to make fencing materials which we sell and erect.

With green woodworking techniques I make rustic furniture and take on other interesting projects.

Funnily enough like the previous chap I've also made a few compost toilets, mainly the "treebog" type.

I tailor make courses to suit when asked.

Incidently I'm in this issue of smallwoods magazine if you'd like to see a picture.

We are in the directory on the woodlands website as Say it with wood.

My website is www.freewebs.com/say-it-with-wood

I allways like to learn new things

Toby Allen

Postby carlight » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:25 pm

hi .

i can do most of the things that you'lld expect a grumpy old woodsman who has worked and lived in woods for more than half his life ,would do .Bit difficult to tempt me out of s devon , though !

I do have 5 year's experience of proper commercial charcoal burning . If anyone was considering this as an earner , i would strongly recommend that they get advice from such as me , as , generally , there's alot of twaddle said on this subject !

Presume i can be contacted through this site .

carlight

Postby tracy » Mon Jan 26, 2009 8:40 pm

Hi Carlight, would you be willing to write some stuff on the topic for us? - or we could start a charcoal section where you could perhaps answer some questions? Like you said on the squirrel thread, there is so much we can learn from real experience!

tracy

Postby carlight » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:03 pm

yo , am happy to help as far as possible .Reality is that much would be jolly awkward on keyboard .If a thread occurs i, and hopefully others ,will post .

carlight

Postby tracy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:37 pm

I really could do with a navigation instructor, I am always lost ;-)

welcome Nomad Celt!

tracy

Postby Exeldama » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:38 pm

Trained in flood rescue, medieval weaponry and i do a spot of poetry...i suspect none will prove much use to anyone here. unless of course you wish to put an end to the thief who stole your tools last week. in which case i can advice you on how to dispatch them/dispose of them and then produce a fitting ditty for prosperity.

The one possibly useful bit is that i handle loads of wildlife and can confirm which ones bite the hardest. Oh and wildlife crime issues.

Exeldama

Postby tracy » Wed Sep 09, 2009 8:49 pm

That made me laugh Exeldama, you could prove to be the most useful Swogger yet ;-)

tracy

Postby Exeldama » Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:06 pm

I shall do my best to talk nonsense in perpetuity.......

Exeldama

PreviousNext

Return to Member issues, skills register and questions