Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woods in Wales?

Local group stuff

Postby tracy » Mon Jan 12, 2009 2:00 pm

Do you own a woodland in Wales? I see from the SWOG forum membership that some of you do... we would like to continue to develop our support and contacts for you.

Please introduce yourselves here, get in touch, ask questions and offer advice. More to follow as requested!

Tracy

tracy

Postby solar bud » Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:23 pm

The proud owner of Coed Dyffryn in Gwynedd here!! Thanks for listing all the useful resources, it will take me a while to explore them all I think!

solar bud

Postby steve rollnick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:52 am

Sonia's Wood near Llandovery, Camarthenshire. I promised Tracey out wood for a SWOG gathering, then a new baby arrived and got priority. Apologies Tracey. Our wood is mostly oak, larch and spruce, with some striking old uncut hazel coppice. There are three other woodland owners in our greater wood, and I'm told by one of them that this part of Wales is peppered with folk like us enjoying woodlands.

Steve

steve rollnick

Postby Stephen1 » Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:09 am

Is Coed Dyffryn part of the same wood that the June 19th SWOG meeting is being hosted in - near Dolgellau?

Stephen1

Postby solar bud » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:56 am

Yes it's right next door!! Unfortunately I dont think I can make that meeting as I am at Transition Stone festival that weekend!

solar bud

Re: Woods in Wales?

Postby Brown » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:09 am

Hi,
I own a small woodland in Monmouthshire, close to the English border. Mainly naturally regenerated Birch.
Brown

Postby Coed Barcud » Mon Sep 09, 2013 6:48 pm

I own a woodland near Dolgellau but I am having issues with Snowdonia National Park Authority because I left some tents up over the summer and built a compost toilet, I have also been told I cannot leave a Tipi up as all these things are not deemed to be for Forestry purposes and NO Leisure is permitted, I have been told I can have a shed but I must produce a Woodland Management plan and then apply for permission, does anyone know anyone with similar issues and what was the outcome
Coed Barcud

Postby Meadowcopse » Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:43 am

Less than a mile into Wales...
On the border between Cheshire and Flintshire and only just north-west of Shropshire.

Anyone else having paperwork / administrative fun since the transition from Forestry Commission to Natural Resources Wales? (In fairness NRW are helpful via email).
Meadowcopse

Postby nursejim » Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:05 pm

Hi Tracy, I have just joined the forum and I do have a woodland in North Wales. Its a 15 acre deciduous wood.

I would like to meet other owners in my local area and further afield.

Regards
Jim
nursejim

Postby Jack_inthe_Green » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:08 pm

Hi I have a small (1.5 acres) in Denbighshire , North wales. Half of which was planted by me over 10 years a go from grazed pasture. The other half was existing ancient woodland. Over the years it has given me great pleasure with lots of things to do and study with each coming season.

I spend many nights up there (in a hammock) , even though I live close and have family and friends visit often.
It's not really big enough to provide much in the way of fuel for heating the home, but I do have a little woodstore just for campfires
while we're up there.

regards,
Jack.
Attachments
IMG_20150523_074117101.jpg
Jack_inthe_Green

Next

Return to Wales