Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodland heroes wanted

Local group stuff

Postby tracy » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:59 am

There is a competition in Wales, they are looking for a woodland hero - have you tidied up a part of Wales?

http://www.keepwalestidy.org/events/tidy-wales-awards

Let us know if you enter!

tracy

Postby Meadowcopse » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:52 pm

Unfortunately the prize money wouldn't cover the day-rate hire costs to bull-doze Rhyl and / or Prestatyn into the Dee Estuary...

More seriously, anything that promotes and rewards responsibility and awareness and reduction of mankind's blight and debris littering the environment is a good thing.

I'm still on my high-horse regarding fly-tipping, the effort folk will go to to despoil a scenic part of the countryside rather than use a correct disposal route still amazes me (although Local Authorities and other policy makers have their part to play with respect to resources and awareness for house-holders and small-scale trade / builders waste).

If you are considering randomly tidying somewhere up, let your local authority know about fly-tipping incidents (don't leave yourself open to being mistaken for dumping, when in fact clearing up).

See if your Parish Council will consider getting a couple of skips in for a weekend village clear-up (my Folks Village have just done this, with a segregation scheme for partial recycling).

Meadowcopse

Return to Wales