Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodland for rent

Local group stuff

Postby Delta2 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:00 pm

Hello All, I'am an Ex Serviceman having completed 24 years in the Army and reaching the rank of WO 2, like many Ex Servicemen/women I suffer PTSD . Many of us have spent all our service working with nature and indeed helping it. We are a group of 4/5 looking for a small piece of woodland to rent.

The woodland would only be used for nature watch, painting, photography and spending a few nights out, nature and the hobbies I have mentioned go a long way to help subdue PTSD and can also have a lasting effect on the symptoms. I can assure any interesting party's that the woodland would not be used for any personnel gain or hunting, shooting , paint balling, just relaxation .

We live in Maidstone, Kent and would be looking for woodland in Kent, East Sussex and the surrounding areas. Thank you all for your time and hope someone out there can help us with this monster called PTSD. We will be prepared to pay a fair rent and would adhere to all constraints.

If anyone would like anymore information on how nature and working /relaxing in woodland can help PTSD then please feel free. To contact me or arrange a meeting to explain my project further. Once again thank you for your time.

Delta2

Postby Bofh » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:32 pm

Hello Delta, on reading your post I feel that we just might have a few things in common regarding woodland and it's uses. Do drop me a mail to [email protected] whilst I do not currently have woodland that I could offer you the use of I'd be very interested to help in the future if possible, I might also be able to help you with a few web forums that you should check out.

best wishes to you and your friends, I think everyone here is well aware of the therapeutic benefits to be had and I hope you can find somewhere suitable soon.

Bofh

Bofh

Postby Lee4 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 7:45 pm

Hello Delta,

I am ex RAMC with woodland North Hampshire. Maybe too far for you guys, however, another local group would be welcome.

Let me know your thoughts Delta.

Best regards,

Lee

Lee4

Postby Delta2 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Hi Lee, Thanks for your kind offer maybe we can discuss it further as at the moment I would be grateful to be able for the group to go anywhere . My email is [email protected] I would be interested in your thoughts and input.

Thanks Delta2

Delta2

Postby Lee4 » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:48 pm

Sure, email sent.

Lee4

Postby Meadowcopse » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:16 am

I know of someone in Sussex trying to set up a woodland project with aims similar to this - I'm sure they look at SWOG now and again and will point them in the direction of this thread when I get to a proper computer this evening...

Hope something comes up that suits this and I'm aware of a couple of studies / projects that reinforce the benefits.

Meadowcopse

Postby Delta2 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Hi Meadowcopse, Thanks very much, there are so many who suffer, but also there is a lot of land out there doing nothing, it could help so many and I don't only mean Ex Servicemen/ Women.

Thanks again Delta2

Delta2

Postby Emma S » Mon Apr 23, 2012 4:43 pm

hi Delta

we have woodland and we are a farm in the Higher Level stewardship with a care farm access option. We are in East Sussex. Its possible that we might be able to sort something out for you under our care farming banner, as that seems to be fairly wide reaching. my email is [email protected] if you want to get in touch

Emma S

Postby Delta2 » Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:06 pm

Hi Emma

Thanks for your kind offer I will co tact you by email.

Once again thank you

Delta2

Return to South East