Small Woodland Owners' Group

Free Management Plan

Local group stuff

Free Management Plan

Postby Rob89 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:53 pm

Hi,

I have recently completed an MSc in Environmental Forestry at Bangor University. Although I have a practical background in tree management as an arborist, I am keen to develop my skills in real-world woodland and forest management. If you own an established woodland, or are looking to plant one, I would be very grateful for the opportunity to put together a management plan for it. I have a particular interest in the management of woodlands under a coppice system, but would love to here from you whatever your ideas are.

Since I do not yet have any direct professional experience of woodland management, I would not expect any payment for the plan.

I am based in NE London, but will travel for site visits.

Please get in touch

Robert
Rob89

Re: Free Management Plan

Postby Binz » Fri Feb 26, 2016 7:14 am

Hi, have you tried the Woodland Trust or maybe your local Wildlife Trust? they may be greatful of a volunteer who could do woodland management plan or work alongside their staff.
Binz

Postby Rob89 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Binz, I hadn't thought of asking them. Thanks, I will get in touch with them!
Rob89

Postby natkak » Wed Jun 22, 2016 8:50 pm

We have recently purchased a woodland near Plaistow, West Sussex and would be grateful for any help in getting a woodland management plan together. If you are happy to help please contact me on [email protected].

Nelis
natkak

Postby erithacusrubecula » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:22 pm

Hi Rob,
we're at the start of doing a new management plan, I already have some ideas but not started anything yet.
Would welcome you input if you're still interested.

Robin
erithacusrubecula

Postby Rob89 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 6:25 pm

Hi Robin,

Thanks for your response. I have sent you a PM.

All the best,

Rob
Rob89

Return to South East