Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodland courses in Worcestershire

Local group stuff

Postby tracy » Tue Feb 03, 2009 11:26 am

Coppicing courses and woodland experience days at

RAVENSHILL NATURE RESERVE, WORCESTERSHIRE

Phil says:

'My February course is now fully booked.

I have a few left on my September course.

12th -13th September 2009

24th -25th October 2009

The coppicing courses I run are an introduction to coppicing for people who have no experience of coppicing or for volunteers and others who have a little experience but would like to gain more knowledge.

The training course will include tree identification, the benefits of coppicing, a walk through the wood to look at the differences between native deciduous woodland and conifer plantations. Coppice restoration, working methods, material selection and processing. Material storage and building workbreaks.

All tools will be provided. The training will be conducted outdoors so please bring suitable warm and waterproof clothing.

My courses take place at Ravenshill woodland reserve, Alfrick, Worcestershire.

The course is over two days, usually over a weekend.

It costs £95 for the two days. A £20 deposit is required.

I have a maximum of 6 people on each course.

I will also be running woodland experience days in the summer.

Each day is for a maximum of 6 people.

Dates and content are flexible.

They will include a walk through the woods looking at the benefits of coppicing and cooking on a fire in my woodland workshop. It can include cleaving and shaving timber, building work breaks and screens. If there is anything in particular you would like to undertake please contact me to discuss your requirements

The woodland experience days I run are for people who have no experience of woodland work, but enjoy being in the woodland and want to gain more knowledge whilst having an enjoyable time.

All tools will be provided.

It costs £55 for the day. A £20 deposit is required.

For more details visit www.malverncoppicing.co.uk or e-mail me at [email protected]

Phil Hopkinson

tracy

Postby tracy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:04 pm

Dates for courses coming up from Phil

"I will again be running coppicing courses during the forthcoming coppicing season. The first dates are on 12th -13th September 2009 and 24th - 25th of October 2009 at Ravenshill woodland reserve, Alfrick, Worcestershire.

The courses are an introduction to coppicing for people who have no experience at all or volunteers who have a little experience, but would like to gain more knowledge.

The course will include tree identification by a trained arborist, we will look at the benefits of coppicing. A woodland walk to look at the differences in habitat between native woodland and conifer plantations. The courses will include working methods, material selection and processing and building workbreaks.

All tools will be provided, as will hot drinks and a fire to cook lunch on.

If you are interested in attending one of my courses or would like to purchase a gift voucher for a partner or loved one please get in touch, or you can view more details and download an application form at www.malverncoppicing.co.uk."

Best regards

Phil hopkinson

tracy

Re: Woodland courses in Worcestershire

Postby Mooresey » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:32 am

Are these courses still being run?
Mooresey

Postby SimonFisher » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 am

Mooresey wrote:Are these courses still being run?

http://www.malverncoppicing.co.uk/all_courses.html
SimonFisher

Postby Mooresey » Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:57 pm

Ah, sorry missed that on the end :oops:

Thanks
Mooresey

Return to Central