Small Woodland Owners' Group

Looking for woods in the north west

Offers and requests for sharing/renting or using woodland for activities or help in the wood

Re: Looking for woods in the north west

Postby thebeechtree » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:56 pm

Indeed, a duty of care is owed (many clients of mine believe initially that NO duty is owed to trespassers - I'm an insurance underwriter - but that's a dangerous assumption).
However, to even up the scales of justice, I do believe that IF negligence is proved and liability established (ie, the trespasser wins his case), the damages awarded are reduced significantly to take into account that he shouldn't have been there in the first case, although clearly, each case would be considered on its merits and particular circumstances. I've been a reluctant trespasser in the past when retrieving my spaniel and I like to think my case would be considered very differently to someone who trespassed with malicious or criminal intentions.
thebeechtree

Postby thebeechtree » Tue Oct 21, 2014 12:57 pm

Ed, off topic but give me a shout if you do set up your larp venture; I insure them!
thebeechtree

Postby edhj69 » Fri Mar 06, 2015 1:36 pm

Mr Beechtree I now have a colleague who needs insurance for LARP and is looking for assistance and quotes can you let me have your contact details?
Ed
edhj69

Postby thebeechtree » Tue Apr 14, 2015 3:52 pm

thebeechtree

Previous

Return to Woodland - Share, Rent, Borrow or Volunteer