Small Woodland Owners' Group

Rhododendron Removal

feel free to post unwanted/surplus or wanted items

Postby Klepto4 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:03 pm

Hi, I am a Breeder of Silk Moths and I need Rhododendron as food plant. I have noticed that various woodland owners tend to try and clear Rhododendron as it has a rather suffocating effect in woodlands thus giving wildlife a hard time. I am offering to come and take some off your hands (for free obviously) periodically as I or rather my caterpillars can get through quite a lot.

Normally I take cuttings about 2 to 3 foot long each time and most probably be back for some more every other day.

So if you need help with Rhododendron clearing, I would be delighted if you would grant me access to your woodlands to help out.

Please let me know, either through this website or via my e-mail which is [email protected]

Sorry but I forgot to mention I based in the southeast of england, right on the border of east sussex and kent

Klepto4

Postby Exeldama » Tue May 22, 2012 7:35 am

I have majorly hammered mine only two small areas of plant that persist and i just beat them to death each year... that sid my neighbours are in some case stii trying to get to grips, we are near uckfiled. e sussex. Im sure one of them will chirp up in a mo.

Exeldama

Postby Klepto4 » Tue May 22, 2012 3:32 pm

Cheers Exeldama, much appreciated

Klepto4

Re: Rhododendron Removal

Postby Darwell » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:43 pm

Dear Stuart
I have rhododendron which i want to clear in my recently acquired woodland near Netherfield, just north of Battle. Please give me a call if you are still interested - 01424 773805
Lavinia
Darwell

Return to For sale, swap, wanted, share or give away