Small Woodland Owners' Group

Wanting woodchip

feel free to post unwanted/surplus or wanted items

Postby Emma S » Fri May 25, 2012 7:12 pm

Just wondered if anyone in the forestry world out there has any woodchip which they might like to dump by the truckfull at our farm.

we FINALLY have our planning permission, and we FINALLY have some funding for the work we need t do to make our educational/care farm stuff and seasonal luxury camping but I am having a problem finding woodchip which I need to put round buildings and in some other areas.

Last year we were drowning in the stuff as we had a local guy needing somewhere to dump it as he had no yard to store/burn. We used some of it and it looks like our neighbours might have swiped the rest when they dumped a load of old bits of wood and rubbish along our lane, so our source ran dry.

If anyone is chipping in the area, we would be very very grateful. We are near Robertsbridge in East Sussex

Emma S

Re:

Postby Rich » Tue May 29, 2012 6:07 pm

Emma S wrote:Just wondered if anyone in the forestry world out there has any woodchip which they might like to dump by the truckfull at our farm.

Hi Emma,
You might want to be a bit careful about what you put down in the way of chip, if you get it from an unknown source, you could bring in a load of seed or honey fungus or worse? We had some nice clean oak chip from Tim Saunders at Rother Forestry about 4 years ago and it's done a great job of keeping the weeds down round our vegetable beds, but then I guess it was more expensive than free!

DSC01544.JPG

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Return to For sale, swap, wanted, share or give away