Small Woodland Owners' Group

permitted development/sporting rights

A place to test out your posts and get a feel for the way the software behaves.

permitted development/sporting rights

Postby Chesram1 » Tue Nov 17, 2015 8:17 pm

Pd states that you can use any land for any purpose for up to 28 days. Someone else has the sporting rights to my wood, inactive for 10 years but retains them all the same. Does any shooting by others count as part of the 28 days?
Chesram1

Re: permitted development/sporting rights

Postby boxerman » Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:53 pm

I'm no expert but I'd think if you don't own the sporting rights then, quite simply, you can't shoot.
Phil

https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos
boxerman

Postby Chesram1 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks for reply Phil. I was wondering if the 28 days applies to the land or the owner? Hypothetically if the holder of the sporting rights were to shoot game for 28 days , would that leave me with zero days for camping?
Chesram1

Postby boxerman » Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:01 pm

Don't know for sure but I would have thought the '28 day rule' doesn't come into the equation for shooting. My impression is that it relates mainly to the time that you can live on the land.

This is a subject that's been discussed many times on here so I'd suggest browsing the forum and doing a search for the relevant posts.
Phil

https://twitter.com/boxermanphil for my Badger videos
boxerman

Postby ballibeg » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:32 am

Chesram1 wrote:Pd states that you can use any land for any purpose for up to 28 days. Someone else has the sporting rights to my wood, inactive for 10 years but retains them all the same. Does any shooting by others count as part of the 28 days?

Where are you? In Scotland the sporting rights can't be owned separately to the land. Quite often they are leased out for long periods but ownership still with the land.
ballibeg

Return to Test Posts