Small Woodland Owners' Group

Just joined the group

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Just joined the group

Postby SUMB1 » Wed Jul 23, 2014 7:08 pm

We have two woodlands in Tyne and Wear, about 7 acres altogether. We actively manage the woodlands by coppicing and thinning. The small wood is used for charcoal (we have a kiln) and large stuff is planked with a chainsaw mill. I am interested in getting an active group together in the north for meetings and helping each other in their woodlands.
SUMB1

Re: Just joined the group

Postby oldclaypaws » Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:02 pm

Hoo dee. Canny te hev another Geordie on the group. Ah wez raised in Whitley Bay but escaped ower the wall one neet when there were ne sentries on duty an emigrated doon Sooth . Its git warm doon heor yee knaa , thars ne polar bears heor leik thems at Cullercoats. Watch oot fer tha coal shaft next door te yee .

Howay the Toon.
oldclaypaws

Postby Dave and Verity » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:39 am

My dear chap, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever what the ruffian above is on about (English being my first language and all that), but I've only just joined the forum and have already found it to be very useful and friendly. Too far away for us, but keep the thread going with any updates.

Tata for now, I feel a cucumber sandwich urge coming on.

Dave
Dave and Verity

Postby smojo » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:27 pm

As a Yorkshireman it's all foreign language to me too. Thi wonna talk proper like wo' I der. :?
smojo

Postby SUMB1 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:35 pm

I'm not a Geordie either, but I've been up here for a long time so I understand the language.
SUMB1

Postby Landpikey » Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:50 pm

As the saying goes - "you don't have to be mad to be on here, but it helps!!!" :shock: 8-)

Welcome to the forum. I've been on here for just over 18 months and there are some excellent posts and plenty of people who can offer help/advice.

:D
Landpikey

Postby Judith » Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:23 am

Hi SUMB1,

Welcome to SWOG! I'm gradually getting a list of northern owners who would like to get together. If you'd like to send me an email ([email protected]) we'll sort something out.
Judith

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour