Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hello from Dorset

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Hello from Dorset

Postby Dorset woodsman » Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Hi there everyone just wanted to introduce myself ..... I'm Jon and although I don't own my own woodland I manage woods and forests for my employer ... From planting trees to felling them I can honestly say its a pleasure to work in such a great area ... I live in a cottage with my family nestled within a wood in Dorset which comes with my job :D :)

Looking forward to meeting you all
Dorset woodsman

Re: Hello from Dorset

Postby Wendelspanswick » Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 pm

Welcome to the forum, nice to have someone else from the South West, we are on the end of the Quantocks in Somerset.
Wendelspanswick

Postby SimonFisher » Sun Jan 11, 2015 10:12 am

Hello and welcome.

Is the woodland/forest management your full-time role? What sort of things are you doing this month?
SimonFisher

Postby Lupin Pooter » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:17 pm

Hello from another newbie to the forum, also in the South West.
You have my dream job!...... I worked with some friends, in forestry, many years ago.....completely fell in love with it. Sadly, I had to return to my trade, but never lost the dream of owning my own wood. So here we are, the happy owners of some woodland on the Blackdown Hills in Somerset!
Lupin Pooter

Postby Wendelspanswick » Sun Jan 11, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome to the forum, we are the other side of Taunton Vale from you.
Wendelspanswick

Postby oldclaypaws » Sun Jan 11, 2015 8:18 pm

Welcome. I'm also on the edge of the Blackdowns and a lapsed member of BDWA. I trust you go to the excellent Blackdown Wood show in August which is a good place to network.

At some point I'll be happy to arrange a SWOG rendezvous at my gaff if sufficient members are up for it, once I've sorted the 1001 things I'm working on. Maybe mid to late summer, when there's less to do in the wood. I'm accumulating quite a few toys which I'd be happy to let others play with and might have a sawmill by then if I manage to get my building up in time.

Soggy this week but PM me if you'd like a tour of our wood anytime.
oldclaypaws

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour