Small Woodland Owners' Group

Greetings from Dumfries and Galloway!

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Greetings from Dumfries and Galloway!

Postby Jonalim » Thu Aug 06, 2015 11:09 pm

Hi All!

We are new members and moved into our house with a 6 acre adjacent mixed woodland a year ago . We want to maintain it as a wildlife preserve and have started by putting bird, bug and butterfly boxes up which have been successfully inhabited this spring and summer. We are looking forward to linking up with other woodlanders and sharing ideas/experiences etc.

Alison & John
Jonalim

Re: Greetings from Dumfries and Galloway!

Postby calvertwood » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:21 pm

Well, nobody's said "Welcome" yet, so I will. Perhaps everyone's gone off to explore woodlands overseas.

Dumfries and Galloway, eh? Lucky you. I think that's one of the most beautiful and least discovered parts of Britain. And the woods are spectacular. I'm most familiar with the area round Newton Stewart and Gatehouse of Fleet, which is great for finding edible mushrooms (chanterelles and Chicken of the Woods, yum) and other forageable herbs and berries.

Good luck with your project. And how nice to have your woodland adjacent to your house!
calvertwood

Re: Greetings from Dumfries and Galloway!

Postby The Barrowers » Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:59 pm

Hello Am in East Sussex, a lot of miles away but enjoy North of the Border. Enjoy your woods.
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour