Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hello to you all

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Hello to you all

Postby TeamGreen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:21 am

I've just joined so here's a bit about me.
I live in Gloucestershire,on,y about 15 mins from Tortworth Arbouretum where I like to go to recharge my batteries and enjoy the beautiful environment.
I've joined as I intend to buy my own woodland in France where I have a place and will be moving to permanently in next few years.My plan is to get the Woodland of to a start while I'm still living in U.K. so it will be useable for me when I'm relocate there.
My main goals are to learn all I can about Woodland management to get me to a level where I will be able to,provide myself with my own supply of firewood and not be so reliant on electricity for heating my new home.i obviously want to do this in such a way that makes it sympathetic to the Woodland and not as a business.
I shall be asking all sorts of questions,some may sound daft I'm sure but I know very little as this is all new to me,growing trees that is.
Also would be great to find any members close tome,so anout an hour from Bristol or Gloucester roughly.
I'm happy to help people on thir Woodland in exchange for experience and tips on how I can manage my own.
Hope to meet up with some of you one day.
Regards
Neil
TeamGreen

Re: Hello to you all

Postby Rich » Sat Apr 23, 2016 5:47 am

Hi Neil
Welcome and good luck with your search in France!
Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Re: Hello to you all

Postby TeamGreen » Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:49 am

Thanks very much Rich.
TeamGreen

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour