Small Woodland Owners' Group

Deer Fencing

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby Rod Taylor » Wed Feb 04, 2009 12:50 am

From contacts in Hampshire Coppice group have been advised to use heavy duty plastic fencing in woodland (110g/M2 as opposed to 80g/M2 Tenax). Does anyone here have experiance of either. ??

They pool their orders to cut delivery costs. I am soon going to order several rolls of the heavy duty mesh and wondered if any other members here would like to add any rolls to do likewise.

Rod

Rod Taylor

Postby Rich » Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:32 pm

Hello Rod,

We are intending to coppice a small area if we have time in the next few weeks, so will need some fencing. Havn't had a chance to really research it much or have a proper measure up, but I should imagine we would need about 200m. Do you have an idea of prices or how many metres on a roll?

Really enjoyed looking at your wood on Sunday by the way!

Regards

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby tracy » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:05 pm

Rod has gone back to sea for a week or so, I am sure he will get in touch again when he returns, so be patient! (gives someone else a chance to tell us all that they know about fencing!)

tracy

Postby Darren » Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:34 pm

I use plastic deer fencing. It's light and easy to use. Put in as many post as you can, in the summer it might go floppy in certain area's. All you need to do is add extra posts. On the down side rabbits chew nice little square holes along the bottom. If you want to keep them out you could use chicken wire put this will put up your costs.

Darren

Postby Rod Taylor » Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:51 am

Rich.

Plastic fence is in 100metre rolls. I have found "extra strong" at £135 +Vat The same supplier has a "Low visibility" at £123 +Vat. Both are 1.8m high.

There should be no delivery charge as this is free over 6 rolls and I need 6, so can add your order to mine if you can collect from the Hailsham area.

Rod Taylor

Return to Woodland Activities