Small Woodland Owners' Group

finished cutting -just the clearing up to do!

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

finished cutting -just the clearing up to do!

Postby greyman » Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 pm

We finished this years cut of hazel and now have the clear up to do. While starting on clearing woodlands.co.uk's ditch ('cos they're too tight/lazy/unconcerned to do it themselves) I decided to take a picture of the whole coupe and found my phone has a panorama function. I've tried to attach the picture but got an error message saying board attachment quota has been reached. Anyone able to throw some light on this? Does someone need to get in the works with a pipe cleaner and knock some of the dottle out?
greyman

Re: finished cutting -just the clearing up to do!

Postby TerryH » Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:23 pm

Hi,
have a look at this thread http://www.swog.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1813 which explains how to upload your photo to a free website called PhotoBucket and then insert a link to your photo there in your post on this forum. It's fairly straightforward... hopefully.
Yes, the attachment area seems to be full here at the moment.

Looking forward to seeing the photo of your hazel coppicing...
TerryH

Postby Rich » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:58 pm

I'm not sure if it's the total quota the server has a limit on or if it's the file size which is a problem. At the moment the max file size is set to 256k so if you can, try to upload files smaller than that. If that doesn't work it might be the total size quota of the board. In which case I'll have to investigate how much more space we can get.

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby TerryH » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:56 pm

Hi,
I've just been able to upload several small images totalling 1Mb in size (have deleted them now so there is at least that much space available again now). However, a couple of weeks ago I got "quota reached" message when uploading a tiny 4Kb file, so it looks like the total board quota is at, or very near, the limit.

Confusingly, if you try to upload a 'big' file, even when space is available, you get the same "board attachment quota has been reached" so it's a bit of a misleading message that. Big file, for me, was anything bigger than about 350Kb.
TerryH

Postby greyman » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:36 pm

Guess it's the size of the picture. Trouble is its a panoramic view of this years cut so crunching it right down is going to spoil it somewhat. I'll have a go anyway,see what I can do. Thanks for the information Terry
greyman

Postby Rich » Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:36 am

Try posting without crunching it, I've increased the permitted size to 1mb

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Return to Woodland Activities