Small Woodland Owners' Group

Looking for a venue for nature-based therapies in the North West and Wales area

Camp fires, shelters, wild food, making things, children and more....

Postby innerchanges » Tue May 25, 2010 10:53 am

Hi,

I am a psychotherapist who has a keen interest in nature based therapies, and am currently looking around for locations within 1-2 hrs drive from Manchester, suitable for running nature-based workshops using nature as a therapeutic tool for common issues such as anxiety, depression, and confidence and self esteem building. Woodland in the Cheshire, Lancashire, Derbyshire or North Wales areas would be ideal.

I'm interested in running a variety of workshops from 1 day up to 3 days in duration depending on facilities.

My requirements are fairly basic. I would also be prepared to pay for the use of the wood.

- I'd need permission for a small group to be able to camp within the wood for 2 to 3 days. If this is a problem, then i'd still be interested in the wood as a venue for 1 day workshops.

- Permission to have a campfire would give a great psychological advantage in terms of group bonding, as well as cooking and warmth. (It would be carefully maintained and sited) I understand that this is often restricted so I'd be prepared to work around this.

- Toilet facilities can be as basic as a hole in the ground.

I do have plenty of outdoor skills, training and experience, and a deep respect for the land and nature so I'd make sure things would be left pretty much as we found them. None of the activities would involve any damage to the environment.

Any help or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Nigel

innerchanges

Return to Woodland Activities