Does anyone have up to date info on the possibilites available

Thanks

B and T
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Re: Woodland Insurance

Postby thebeechtree » Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Hi, did you manage to get sorted out? I've been away from the forum for quite a while but am happy to advise...
Gary Alexander
www.thebeechtree.com
thebeechtree

Postby The Barrowers » Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:11 pm

Yes, Thank You

B and T
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby B4Lamb » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:08 pm

Hi,

What is the legal position regarding insurance for a private woodland?

Can you insure against Disease to the trees? i.e. loss of timber value due to compulsory felling to meet statutory health notification orders?

John
B4Lamb

Postby SimonFisher » Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:40 pm

B4Lamb wrote:What is the legal position regarding insurance for a private woodland?

If you mean is there a legal requirement to hold insurance of any type as a consequence of being the owner of woodland, the answer is no, there is no requirement. Unlike for example, the situation of driving a motor vehicle where the law requires that you have insurance in respect of liability to third parties.

Many woodland owners will however choose to take out public liability insurance. That would provide cover if for instance someone were injured say as a result of a limb falling from a tree and a court agreed that you as the owner were liable for damages. Without such insurance, you could face quite a financial shock. In my case, we have £10million public liability cover which currently costs us £154 per year.

B4Lamb wrote:Can you insure against Disease to the trees? i.e. loss of timber value due to compulsory felling to meet statutory health notification orders?

You can certainly get insurance to cover growing timber, but I don't know what typical exclusions might be.
SimonFisher

Postby B4Lamb » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:24 pm

I would guess public liability insurance would be more appropriate if there were public access rights. This woodland has no footpaths or bridleways so anyone entering would be trespassing. Know doubt you would still be in the wrong if swatter camped out in there and gets injured by a falling tree. Such is the stupidity of our laws in this country.
B4Lamb

Return to All things legal