Small Woodland Owners' Group

lets talk caravans

Paperwork, grants, legal issues

Re: lets talk caravans

Postby tracy » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:30 pm

But you do have to be able to prove it is 'reasonably necessary for forestry purposes. Woolly , yes!
tracy

Postby splodger » Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:55 pm

don't know the in's and outs of all the legalities (but we now have 3 on our site - although none have actually been utilised - unless you count dad having an afternoon nap in one of them) - but we do plan to get them "more useable" somewhen soon - hopefully incorporating a lovely old shepherds hut that we have on site too - we get quite regular visits from local plannings chap - and we've never been told that the c.vans shouldn't / couldn't be there
splodger

Postby Chunkymunky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:01 pm

Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 pm

Next you'll be sporting tights, carrying a bow, robbing the rich and feeding the poor ;)
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 7:16 am

It's worth finding the larger fallen wood with age to it. If its interesting wood and well seasoned cut into rounds there's value as turning blanks.
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 9:46 am

Doesn't.

I think the thing to remember with small wood ownership is that they don't want it developed at all really so a strong argument is what's needed.
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:45 am

It's anything wheeled or unwheeled that could be considered a possible residence. Has to be considered necessary for the forest work. So "facilities" might be deemed necessary whereas a standard caravan wouldn't although you are allowed to sleep in your wood up to 28 nights a year without informing.

Wonder what the position on tree houses is? Maybe a side issue but along the same lines.
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 pm

There's a programme on bbc at the moment called "the planners" which shows how open to interpretation and personality even of the planners in any given area.
Chunkymunky

Postby jennysmate » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:01 pm

Theres little point putting a caravan in my wood, not because of the planners, but moronic vandals.
They have destroyed 3 caravans in my neighbours woods. I'm considering building a shelter underground, well hidden, but that brings its own problems.
jennysmate

Postby Chunkymunky » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:39 pm

I bidded on a plot in Devon national park with a nuclear test bunker. Had 2 acres of woodland ( hence the initial interest).
I wonder if one of those short containers like some use for tack ( for tool etc ;)) might prevent vandalism and provide a worthwhile shelter. Must constitute a need surely. Could blend by stacking logs over maybe
Chunkymunky

Next

Return to All things legal