Page 1 of 1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 6:57 pm
by Woodland63

Hi, we are planning on working our woodlands, we have 63 acres and it is sssi protected, we are working with the sssi and are currently waiting for our felling license.

However, we would really want to put a tempory workers lodge up and live there whilst we carry out the work.

Can anyone advise the best way to go about this?


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 6:06 am
by tracy

Our friendly contact is Nick Ide

[email protected]

Who is a planning consultant. I am sure he would be happy to give you an initial reaction - on whether he can help with planning or not, but obviously if you take him on he would need to charge.

There is some information on planning here:

The most important things are

Not permanent

no concrete floor

and you must prove it is reasonably necessary for forestry purposes!

All the best with it!


PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 pm
by Toby Allen

Stay in a caravan/truck/bender/yurt/b+b or just put a tarp up while you're there.

That way there is no need to start developing your sssi and no need to bother the nice planning people.