Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hazel wanted local to Dartford

Local group stuff

Postby Bofh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 6:52 pm

Hi everyone, well done for putting together the forum I can see myself spending quite a lot of time here.

I have so many questions to post, you'll probably get bored but for now I'd like to know of any local Coppices supplying Hazel. I'd like to have a little go at making a bentwood garden chair or two.

Location Dartford Kent.

I think the following will do but is open to advice or negotiation.

15x 1/2" x 8'

3x 1" x 8'

2x 3" x 6'

Can anyone help? I will collect from you as long as you're not too far off.

Thanks.

Bofh

Postby Rich » Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:06 pm

Hi Bofh,

Good luck with the chair making, we did a nice workshop a few weeks ago run by Sussex and Surrey Coppice Group and taught by Richard Hobbs. Hope you find someone close by with some hazel, we struggled to find long enough back pieces for one of our chairs so I slapped a piece of chestnut into the frame and made it slightly smaller. I don't think there's any rules, just go with the flow and what wood you can find!

http://picasaweb.google.com/greencaveman/BentwoodChairs#

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Postby Bofh » Sat Nov 13, 2010 11:36 pm

Many thanks Rich, your chairs are nice. There's a little scrap of land down the road from me that's totally un looked after, I had a walk round it this afternoon. There were a few trees that I could have used but it wouldn't have left that much behind.

So I thought I'd see if anyone local to me could help.

Bofh

Postby Catweazle » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:52 pm

Hi Bofh,

Still got the jeep ?

I don't have any Hazel, but you're welcome to as much Sweet Chestnut and Holly as you can carry, if you can make it to Cobham :-)

Catweazle

Postby Bofh » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi Catweasle, you've caught me on the hop as I can't place you mate. Do you have a contact addy for me as I'd rather not post mine on an open forum.

Bofh

Postby Catweazle » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:45 pm

You can email me on [email protected] . I seem to have a couple of different emails for you, not sure which one you use now. Is energy**** still current ?

Catweazle

Return to South East