Small Woodland Owners' Group

Any room for bushcrafters?

Local group stuff

Postby Nova » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:38 am

My partner and I practice bushcraft; very low impact, minimalist camping using traditional crafts and skills. Although one day we hope to be able to own and manage our own patch of woodland, for now we were wondering whether there are any owners who would allow us and some bushcrafting friends, to stay in your woodlands occasionally?

I see that this question has come up occasionally, however ideally I'd like to create a small database of woodlands, that a group of us (usually no more than 10) could use to practice our skills. Predominatly in the South East, however any would be considered.

Dates, terms and conditions would be arranged with you beforehand and I will be the sole point of contact, so you wouldn't receive emails/calls from too many people.

Naturally we would take the greatest care in causing minimal disturbance and ensuring all was left as we found it (the bushcraft philosophy is 'leave no trace'). We have no need to use any other facilities but would be happy to pay a small fee (per person) to use the woodland, or assist with management if needed.

If you would be happy to discuss, I can be readily reached by email ([email protected]) and can supply my phone number if you would rather talk :-)

Many thanks in advance

Zoe

Nova

Postby tracy » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:02 am

Hi Zoe

Good to hear from you. I suggest you go along to a swog meeting at some point and meet some of us - that way you can build relationships and might be able to find somewhere.

Best wishes

Tracy

tracy

Postby Nova » Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:24 pm

Thanks Tracy - we hope to attend a meeting or two when we are able.

Also thanks to those who have emailed me so far - I look forward to further discussion with you.

Nova

Return to South East