Small Woodland Owners' Group

Cobhambury Wood Owners

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Cobhambury Wood Owners

Postby jennysmate » Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:43 am

I was wondering if any of the other owners of the wood, formely known as Cobhambury wood, before it was split up to be sold, were members of this forum.
I never see them when I visit my wood, Elliston Bottom, which is a shame. It would be nice to be in contact to discuss common concerns or just to see what they are doing.
jennysmate

Re: Cobhambury Wood Owners

Postby Andy M » Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:08 pm

If nobody on here replies, you can find out who owns the nearby woodland for a fee (?£3.50) at the Land Registry website. Why not try leaving a note on the gate for other owners? I would be pleased if someone did that to me.
Andy M

Postby jennysmate » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks Andy, good ideas although the entrance gate to the woods is also a right of way so I would'nt want to leave my details there, but maybe a note on the other owners storage sheds.
Do other wood owners of split woods regularly talk to their neighbors?
jennysmate

Postby Andy M » Tue Jul 24, 2012 7:50 pm

Leave details of SWOG and how to join. You can then feel a bit more secure and chose whether to follow up contacts.
Andy M

Postby The Barrowers » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:27 pm

Hello

We have a nice relationship with 12 or so other wood owners in a larger wood and have had a couple of seasonal get togethers, we generally keep other aware of issues and would pop past if we saw another car or heard a chainsaw. My closest wood neighbours check on each others plots on a regular basis. Its nice and neighbourly.

All the best Bernie and Theresa
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby BryanBullen » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:22 am

If this is the same Cobhambury Wood, between Cobham and Luddesdown, then I am your North-westerly neighbour, in the section that was originally sold off as Henley Street Wood. I manage this holding for a local school and can be contacted at home on 01474357303.

Bryan Bullen
BryanBullen

Postby jennysmate » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:05 pm

Yep, thats the one. Nice to hear from you, I'll send you a pm. Ian
jennysmate

Postby The Barrowers » Tue Aug 07, 2012 9:06 pm

Hello The post from the Barrowers was related to another area of woodlands in East Sussex not Cobhambury but we wish you all the best in meeting a nice group of neighbours who are like minded

B and T,
The Barrowers (as we have to use lots of wheelbarrows to get things around the 14 acres)
B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour