Small Woodland Owners' Group

Pengaer, Ceredigion

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Pengaer, Ceredigion

Postby Domeyhead » Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:53 pm

Hello everyone, I have just bought four lots of woodland (out of around 10) in West Wales. The woodland I have bought was clear felled around 7 years ago so it is not very picturesque though the views across Cardigan Bay are stunning) and the land is naturally regenerating with sitka spruce and some native trees have managed to find a spot too. I have a huge amount of work to do, thinning what is there and planting anew. I will be planting a lot for timber but I will also plant native trees around edges to improve the visual appearance. I hope to meet the other Pengaer owners on here and perhaps form an owners group to look out for each other.
I'll be after all kinds of advice on all kinds of subject areas so I hope to make and meet some friends on here.
I have time on my side so in the meantime I am doing some experiments growing a few species from seed. If anyone is interested how I get on I will report back!
Andy
Domeyhead

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour