Small Woodland Owners' Group

Cheshire Woodlands

A place to introduce yourself to your woodland neighbours exchange ideas and information, pool resources and report incidences.

Cheshire Woodlands

Postby Forestskillsltd » Tue Apr 23, 2013 12:13 pm

Hi Folks, I've just joined the forum specifically in the search of a small woodland to purchase in Cheshire. Can anyone help?

Many thanks

Chris
Forestskillsltd

Re: Cheshire Woodlands

Postby MattF » Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:59 am

Hello and Welcome

The only bit of advice I can give you is avoid anything with public access through it I'm having nothing but problems with a minority things going missing and someone smashing a dogs grave which is a member of the public's nothing to do with me and has been there for years and the problem only started when we had taken ownership of the wood as the previous owner was a absent owner for about 18 years and people did what they wanted in the wood

Best regards Matt
MattF

Postby Rankinswood » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:16 am

Hi Matt,

I too have also experienced some difficulties over the years including someone attempting to chop down a 100 ft Douglas fir with an axe!

I reported this to the police and they came out to inspect the damage. They considered this and the other things that I described to them to be harassment and not criminal damage and they gave me a crime number and a preprinted notice on headed police paper that I protected in a laminated plastic cover and pinned to the woodland gate post. The notice is very simple and says nothing more than "The police are aware of incidents ocurring on this property and anyone with information can contact the police on ..... quoting crime reference no ...........

5 years later the sign is still on the gate and the nuisance events have stopped. Very effective.

Rankinswood
Rankinswood

Postby MattF » Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:12 pm

Hi Rankinswood

Will have a chat with the local officer and see if they can do anything like that I've also got a Trail cam ordered and will be put in when it arrives

Matt
MattF

Return to Meet Your Woodland Neighbour