Small Woodland Owners' Group

Under a new user name for obvious reasons

Trees and Plants!

Postby Actias4 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:44 am

I'm not sure if this is entirely welcome and I could have outstayed my visit a few times over with my last username. But I am now called Actias4 after the Silkmoths that I breed. I am as stated before just after cuttings of Rhododendron from any woodland if anyone is interest in me helping cut some back for them. Rest assured it is only rhododendron that I am after and nothing else as what my last username would have you to suspect/believe otherwise (understandable).

So lets just say this is me starting a fresh with a same but new request as I totally ballsed up my last one. (humble pie)

So again if anyone is interest let me know at [email protected] Thankyou for the people that have taken the time to respond so far as it is very much appreciated.

Actias4

Postby Stephen1 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:23 am

Wellcome aboard Actias4. Pity you're not in North Wales - fortunately I only have a little rhododendron but I'd have been happy to let you come and annoy it!

Stephen1

Re: Under a new user name for obvious reasons

Postby splodger » Thu May 31, 2012 4:32 pm

ok fresh starter

i have spoken to my dad at length, bout your need for rhody - and he would consider letting you come to our small copse to gather what you need. we have a large amount of rhody and although it looks a picture at the mo whilst it's in flower - it needs to be kept under control.

you would be welcome to take as much as you require - but there would be conditions applied :
strictly by pre-arranged time / date
i would need to be there also
you do a good bit of pruning of the rhody that you take cuttings from - to help with clearing of it etc
there are many small pieces that you could dig up if you wanted a head start (not take cuttings) but you would need to dig them yourself

however, we may be a bit far for you to travel (although not massively) our copse is close to hants / wilts border - easy to get to (only five ish mins from motorway)

pm me if you would like more info
splodger

Re: Under a new user name for obvious reasons

Postby Actias4 » Thu May 31, 2012 11:51 pm

Many Thanks Splodger, that is very kind of you to offer. Whilst I haven't looked on a map, I do fear that you are that bit to far from me. And also thanks Stephen1 but yeah North Wales is abit out of my range. Thanks guys anyway, it's just a shame you don't own any woodland areas near me as there is an awful lot of 'em. :(
Actias4

Return to Trees and Plants