Small Woodland Owners' Group

What is it..?

Trees and Plants!

Postby Exeldama » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:55 pm

I found a tree i dont recognise growing tucked away (well actually two of the same side by side).

If i could ever work a computer without wanting to through it through the window i would put up a photo..however a brief description might twigged someones brain ......

Currently only around 8 foot tall, with greyish bark, smooth at present. The leaves are free of any hairs or distinguishing features, no serrated edges just vaguely oval . The veins are alternate of a sort and the colour a fresh gree above, lighter below. a slight sheen above.

It has berries right now. These arnt associated with the leaves and are small . the top half is red the bottom light yellow. They are on individual stalks but in varying groups of 2/3/4....mainly 2`s. They aretyhe size of a small balckcurrant.

Branches are unremakable...oh deciduous.

Im flumoxed....any ideas, it seems to have features of several trees but not be anythin,.. i have sat there with a tree guide and it isnt in it...?/ weird..

Exeldama

Postby tracy » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:26 am

I am no tree expert, but hopefully someone else can help!

Otherwise, try this online guide

http://www-saps.plantsci.cam.ac.uk/trees/index.htm

tracy

Postby Darren » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:36 am

maybe Spindle?

Darren

Postby Exeldama » Mon Jun 29, 2009 8:29 pm

Good thought but nil points........... i shall seek further guidance ..thanks for link looking now...... i shall report back later. If its unique i will name it in honour of Tracy as she is administartor and therefore responsible for all that happens here...good and bad.

Exeldama

Postby tracy » Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:27 am

lol- hey, no bad happens here! (I hope) Send us some pics if you want to and I will post them up...

tracy

Postby Exeldama » Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:57 am

Nope still struggling...not in any guide i can find...perhaps i have a mutant.

i will take some photos this weekend and see if i can post them....

Exeldama

Return to Trees and Plants