Small Woodland Owners' Group

TREE INSPECTIONS and DUTY OF CARE

Paperwork, grants, legal issues

Postby iangoulds » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:09 pm

I found this very educational and sobering....hellis.biz ... see "Trees and the law" on the left hand side.

iangoulds

Postby tracy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 5:49 pm

I don't think your link quite worked, Ian, here it is...

http://hellis.biz/tree_inspection_who_what_when_where_why_and_how.aspx

tracy

Postby Toby Allen » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:25 pm

Aly and our staff all did a professional tree inspection course recently (I had to cover jobs unfortunately), it was very useful. They covered a lot about body language of trees which is was interesting.

I wouldn't be too worried by what you read, especially on a tree surgeons website.

Just be sure to keep on top of any work needs doing, and if your not sure get someone else's advice.

Toby Allen

Postby treebloke » Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Toby, I am what you might call a tree surgeon and I agree with your comment but I am certain that applies to all trades and not just tree surgeons.

I have worked as a contractor for many local authorities over the last 25 years and unfortunately been involved in the aftermath of several fatalities, most, if not all could have been avoided by the regular inspection of trees together with follow up work. There have been instances where I have advised tree owners on the unsafe condition of trees only for them to ignore my advice ending in tragic consequences.

If anyone needs a compatent arborist I would suggest to go to www.trees.org.uk the Arboricultural Association.

treebloke

Return to All things legal