Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hi all,

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Hi all,

Postby Dexter's Shed » Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:16 pm

a quick intro, a new member that was here a while back, and has returned as Dexter's shed, as I have a habit of seeing items for sale, and trying to make them myself, or adapt something to suit, cheaper than buying the real item, so my wife calls me Dexter (kids cartoon inventor) so seemed the appropriate forum name

for those that knew me before, please don't ask why I left, as that's water under the bridge,

we have owned our woods in Kent since feb now, and in that 7 months have done and learnt quite a bit
we have cleared a pathway through the brambles, as it had been left untouched for many years, we then cleared an area of coppiced Hazel as our camp area, we have a fire area,bordered by large oak logs, a WC area and an area with A frames for putting our hammocks on, a large marquee type tent for shelter and doing woodcrafts in, plus a couple of storage areas, a bird feeding area that attracts all manner of wildlife, squirrel feeding stations which also hold kania squirrel traps

the purchase of our woods was from money left by my late parents, therefore we plan to lay their ashes to rest here, I'm sure they both would have loved it.

at first we thought we would visit once a fortnight, how wrong we were,lol
stress is left at the entrance gate so we tend to spend at least one day a week there,if not more

we are holding a camping weekend at the end of the month for a few friends, and will be installing a zip wire, so review of that to follow

Dexter.
Dexter's Shed

Re: Hi all,

Postby MattF » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:27 pm

Hello Dexter ;) and welcome back

Atb Matt
MattF

Re: Hi all,

Postby SitkaSpruce » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:49 pm

Good to have you back. Sounds as if you've been busy in the wood.
SitkaSpruce

Return to Introductions