Small Woodland Owners' Group

New owner in Monmouthshire.

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

New owner in Monmouthshire.

Postby Catbrook » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:23 am

Hello, we recently purchased a woodland in Monmouthshire, it is called Catbrook Wood and is really part of a much larger area known as Ninewells wood. We have a well in the woodland but evidently our well is not one of the original nine wells. Never mind and it is dry at the moment. I have started a blog on the wood so if you google Catbrookwood then you can see and read a bit more about it. Or look at http://catbrookwood.wordpress.com/

If there are any owners in the vicinity then I would be pleased to hear from you, We are near Llandogo and Trellech . We are new to woodland ownership and have a lot to learn. I know a bit about woodland ecology but not so much about management. I need a good agent to help with removal of 40/50 year old Corsican Pines. Anyone got any suggestions?
Catbrook

Re: New owner in Monmouthshire.

Postby Dexter's Shed » Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:50 am

hi, I do enjoy read others blogs on their woods, and have left a comment on yours via facebook regarding PPE, if you join the SWOG facebook page, you'll be able to see our activities within Goose Wood, and the "widow maker" topic chainsaws,lol
Dexter's Shed

Return to Introductions