Small Woodland Owners' Group

Hi from Kent

Say Hello and tell others about yourself and your wood.

Hi from Kent

Postby DAusten » Thu Jan 30, 2014 10:57 am

Hi Everyone,

This might seem like an odd introduction but here goes....

My partner and I live in Kent and have been considering purchasing a woodland space for some time now, really we're just waiting for the right space to crop up (or the right price I should say)! So I'll be lurking here and taking in as much as possible...

In the meantime, we are planning our wedding this year and would really love to celebrate in the woods with close family and friends so we're desperately seeking a short term rent. Rest assured that we're very mindful and considerate of nature and are not planning a rave or about to start trampling and upsetting the local wildlife! We'd be in our Sunday best so a clearing close to a path would be ideal (also to get my 88 year old Grandma there!) and of course we'd entirely clear up afterwards. As there would be no formal wedding breakfast we'd prepare a picnic for everyone and would want to hang some fairy lights up for a little decoration and probably get a couple of fires going as the light fades.

Aside from the short term rent, we'd also love to volunteer for you which would give us a feel for what we'll be taking on with our space so, hopefully, everyone's a winner! My boyfriend has been a carpenter for over 22 years so he has a natural affinity with wood, carves spoons and is starting to learn the intricacies of true carving. He's a hard worker, loves all things "outdoorsy" and (tries to be) a bit of a Bear Grylls character. I'll probably just be good for clearing and lugging things about but am really open to learning.

We live in Rochester, Kent and will marry in Maidstone so somewhere local would be most awesome.
So, if you'd like to discuss this in some more detail you can PM me and I'd love to chat. Finger's crossed!!

Thanks for reading,
Karen
DAusten

Re: Hi from Kent

Postby Dexter's Shed » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:12 pm

DAusten wrote: We'd be in our Sunday best so a clearing close to a path would be ideal (also to get my 88 year old Grandma there!
Karen

dont plan it in the wet months then,lol
Dexter's Shed

Re: Hi from Kent

Postby DAusten » Thu Jan 30, 2014 2:08 pm

Isn't every month a wet month in the UK these days? ;)
DAusten

Return to Introductions