Small Woodland Owners' Group

Sunday Telegraph and Ricochet TV

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby tracy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:40 am

Here is your chance to be famous, Sunday telegraph are researching an article on woodlands and woodland owners.

Sarah would love to interview a couple of you and send a photographer to get a couple of photos of you. Any volunteers???

Ricochet TV are also looking for interesting people: here is the request

"We are looking into developing a new TV series which captures the nations new or increased interest in wilderness living. Ideally we would love to be able to combine the trend with the increase in numbers of people who now build their own homes. I guess it’s the search for the ultimate rural idyll!

I am an executive Producer here at the company, Ricochet television where we produce series such as Supernanny, No Going Back and Risking It All.

We are interested in folks who want to connect with the land, nature, woodland living maybe, getting involved with or learning traditional crafts such as coppicing, dry stone walling, fencing, thatching etc and perhaps building simpler abodes.

I’m aware of the limitations of building ones home actually in a wood, but should you know folks who are home building in a wilderness type setting, or on the edge of a wood, or indeed renovating or re-building a property in such an environment, we would appreciate it if you could put us in touch. If you would like to look at more of what we do, please feel free to look at www.ricochet.co.uk."

Please let me know if you are interested in either, or both of these.

thanks!

tracy

Return to General