Small Woodland Owners' Group

New Woodlanders.

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby sandalfarm » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:02 pm

I just thought I would introduce ourselves as 3 weeks ago we became small wood owners. The wood is in Humberside on a south facing, steep valley side stretching to 5 acres. It is mostly hawthorn and rowan and a few massive sycamores, very dry and rocky but with some clearings which support some wild flowers and even strawberries. If I can post pictures on this forum then I will post a picture of my first crop. Otherwise look at the farm blog, sandalfarm.blogspot.com for pictures of this and the wood.

sandalfarm

Postby James M » Tue Jun 23, 2009 2:21 pm

Hello and welcome! Spent a year in Hull. Whereabouts are you?

James M

Postby tracy » Tue Jun 23, 2009 3:06 pm

Welcome Sandalfarm, great blog! We have pylons running through our woodland area - and they make an interesting and diverse habitat - not all bad!

Hope you enjoy our little group. I will upload the photos you sent sometime...

Tracy

tracy

Postby jillybean » Tue Jun 23, 2009 6:01 pm

Lovely blog and hello to you !

jillybean

Postby sandalfarm » Sat Jun 27, 2009 12:45 pm

Hello James M

The wood is near to the village of Brantingtam, very nice little village with a duck pond and posh houses. Near South Cave.

Although we live in Bradford, it is an hour along the 62 and very straightforward. We have the benfit of the east west divide in weather, so on rough days up here on sandalfarm we can head into the dry sheltered valley to work.

sandalfarm

Return to General