Small Woodland Owners' Group

a couple of suggestions

A place to offer feedback on the forum and suggest improvements

a couple of suggestions

Postby MartreCycle » Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:54 am

Hello - is it possible on the main forum list page to have the option to order the forums by last post date ?
this feature is available within the actual individuals forums ?

Is it possible to update the News and event picture on the web site - the current picture on is somewhat winter-ish ?
thank you
MartreCycle

Re: a couple of suggestions

Postby Bulworthy Project » Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:44 pm

On title page, if you click on "view active topics", the most recent topics come up in order. If you then bookmark that page you can go straight to it.
Bulworthy Project is an experiment in low-impact living and working.
http://www.bulworthyproject.org.uk/events.html
Follow us on Twitter @bulworthy
Bulworthy Project

Postby Hobby » Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:51 am

The site would be better if any new posts automatically sent that discussion topic to the top of the listing.
Many a time have I become interested in a new topic only because it appeared at the top and in full view, I fear many interesting and less well know information posts will now be hidden away from view.
However its not my website and thanks for putting it together anyway.
Hobby

Postby tracy » Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:24 pm

Thanks for your feedback and suggestion folks, keep it coming. This site will be changed and adapted to suit us and our needs, Rich is just swamped at the moment trying to get rid of all the spam! Other changes and fixes will happen!
tracy

Postby wrekin » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:37 am

"View active topics" doesn't show active topics from all sections. (I think it did at the start.) When working that's the key page of the forum IMO.
http://hutters.uk - Woods, huts, cabins, sheds, forestry
wrekin

Postby splodger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 7:51 am

the "view active topics"and "view new posts" - should show you the latest threads that have been posted on since you last logged in (i think you need to be logged in to view these though) - it's just a quick way to see the most recent activity on the forum - also, at the bottom of the active threads page - there is a drop down box which is set at a default of 7 days - just select another time frame (say 1 month) and it will show you all active topics for the last 4 weeks ;)

if there are particular threads that you are interested in following - you can subscibe to them - and you'll be notified each time a post has been made on that thread
splodger

Postby Bulworthy Project » Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:05 pm

When I view active topics, I don't get Oldclaypaws post from today on "Low impact removal of big trees? ". This was posted today. Is there some glitch?
Bulworthy Project is an experiment in low-impact living and working.
http://www.bulworthyproject.org.uk/events.html
Follow us on Twitter @bulworthy
Bulworthy Project

Postby splodger » Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 pm

i think (i don't know for sure) that "active topics" need at least one (if not 2 or more) replies on it - before it becomes "active" - active being busy / popular

that thread does appear under the "new posts" option ;)
splodger

Postby splodger » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 am

splodger wrote:i think (i don't know for sure) that "active topics" need at least one (if not 2 or more) replies on it - before it becomes "active" - active being busy / popular

that thread does appear under the "new posts" option ;)

hmm - having compared the active v's new post options today - there does seem to be a glitch - as some posts which have had many views and / or multiple replies don't appear on the active posts listing - maybe it's something admin can look into :?
splodger

Postby SimonFisher » Thu Jun 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Perhaps using View unread posts will work better for you. See my post http://www.swog.org.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=1240.
SimonFisher

Next

Return to Feedback and suggestions