Small Woodland Owners' Group

Bushnells Trophy Cam

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby The Barrowers » Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:10 pm

Hello

Have bought the basic (in brown) to view going ons by wildlife in the woods.

Have tried to view SD card on normal camera to no avail but can view on PC.

Any views/thoughts/ ideas etc

B and T

B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby Nigel L » Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:52 pm

Hi B & T

What is the capacity of the SD card and what sort of camera are you trying the card with?

A video cam or conventional digital cam? There are various video file formats and its possible the file on the card is not compatible with the camera you are trying to view through.

Viewing on a pc would seem a better method due to size of screen and ability to view most formats.

I expect others have ideas too but if you want to contact me off list Rich has my contact details.

Regards

Nige

Nigel L

Postby DuncanB » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:04 am

At the risk of sounding like a geek - I have used a micro-SD card in an SD adaptor which can then be viewed on my mobile phone. This is OK for checking, but you really need a pc's screen to see any detail!

DuncanB

Postby The Barrowers » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:02 am

Thanks for thoughts.

The camera is a Bushnells Trophy Cam with the normal un usable handbook. It shoots video or still.

Tried playing back through Nikon D5000 and Lumix small camera to no avail.

The trail camera will take up to a 16 gb SD card.

It was just a thought to take a small camera instead of a PC to set up the location and direction of shots.

Works fine on PC so may have to take even more modern technology to the wood.

Bernie.

B and T
The Barrowers
The Barrowers

Postby yackerty » Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:28 am

The cameras will look for photos on a specific directory they set up on the card. The Trophy Cam will also set up a directory to store the pictures but it will have a different name. That is why the camera doesn't detect any pictures. You need something that can treat the card like a PC would so you can access the right directory where the Trophy Cam's pictures are.

yackerty

Return to General