Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodlands wanted for short courses

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby Fuzzy-Felt Bloke » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:31 pm

Dear Woodland Owners

I would like to take this opportunity to introduce myself and my company, I have launched a new Social Enterprise company called the Wildlife & Environmental Training Company with the aim of developing partnerships to run projects for the benefit of wildlife. I will be offering short training courses (Sat & Sun) and week-long conservation projects, all of which aim to benefit the UK's wildlife.

WETC may be a new company but the people behind has a great deal of experience in nature conservation and environmental issues. The owner of WETC has been teaching Countryside Management and Environmental Issues for the past 12 years up to degree level, he has experience of working within a large UK based conservation charity. All tutors and project managers are selected for the expertise and commitment to this social enterprise.

To be able to do this we require habitats such as woodlands to be used as a base for our short courses, we cannot pay landowners but we can write a management plan and/or provide practical management for part of your site, see example below.

A couple own a small woodland and would like to reinstate a coppice rotation for the benefit of wildlife, and sell on the coppice materials. WETC could draw up a management plan for the coppice rotation, hold four short courses (Coppicing) and one week-long conservation project per year. This would go some way to reinstating a coppice rotation at no cost to the owners. We even could negotiant other projects such as riparian management, wetland or glade creation.

If this partnership appeals to you and you would like to find out more please contact, Thomas Cavanagh at [email protected] and our web site is www.wildlifeenvironmentaltraining.co.uk Please note that there are no courses or conservation projects yet.

I look forward to hearing from you, in the near future.

Tom

Fuzzy-Felt Bloke

Postby MartreCycle » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:52 pm

Is there an area of the UK where you would like the woods to be ?

Are there any facilities you would Need ? /Want ?

MartreCycle

Postby Fuzzy-Felt Bloke » Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:28 pm

Hello MartreCycle

Looking for at Mainland UK (sorry NI), would prefer England & Wales only due to distance but later on would be interested in Scotland. I would not need any facilities apart from vehicle access and some where close by for the parking of cars.

Like to thank all who have replied with offers so far.

If you need any further details please do not hesitate in emailing me.

Kind regards

Tom

Fuzzy-Felt Bloke

Return to General