Small Woodland Owners' Group

Wet day.

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby woodbodger » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:22 pm

What to do on a wet day in the wood? I have been waiting for this day for a while and have at last caught up with all those little jobs that just should be done: all my chain saws have had a service, nothing too technical but air filters cleaned, chains sharpened blades oil ways cleaned out, spark plugs polished and all my spare chains sharpened as well. That trust bill hook kept in the back box of the quad has been sharpened within an inch of it's life and oiled, even my winch and ropes have had attention. Next time I go down to the wood all is ready to go.

woodbodger

Postby tracy » Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:44 pm

Well done woodbodger, I guess we should do something useful like that too!

tracy

Postby Bulworthy Project » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:26 pm

After collecting our demonstration kiln following a charcoal demonstration yesterday, we've had a whole day of office work. We've contacted potential outlets for our charcoal, done some marketing for our courses and done some work on our planning case to build a house in our woods. Just got to do some work on the website and it'll be time for a glass of home made wine.

Bulworthy Project is an experiment in low-impact living and working.
http://www.bulworthyproject.org.uk/events.html
Follow us on Twitter @bulworthy
Bulworthy Project

Postby Toby Allen » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:05 pm

We've had a nice bank holiday. I've been catching up on boring emails and outstanding quotes. Aly is chasing unpaid bills. Worked out the job sheet for the lads for the next couple of weeks. Now I'm avoiding up loading photos on the website by looking at internet forums and machinery on ebay.

Does anyone have any tips for keeping focused on office work? I find it a bit mindless and it reminds me of the monotony of school.

I should go and get the mizer in travel mode for tomorrows work, but being a holiday will lunch it out till the morning.

Toby Allen

Postby Andy M » Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:28 pm

Sitting in my parachute tent, fire going, splitting some ash and making rungs and seat rails for a chair - Bliss!!

Andy M

Return to General