Small Woodland Owners' Group

New Forum testers wanted.

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby Rich » Wed May 09, 2012 4:13 pm

Hello Everyone,

About a year ago we looked into upgrading the Forum to something with a bit more functionality, we dragged our heels a bit over this, as actually, what we have now has a familiar interface and is very simple to use.

However there are some very good reasons to make the effort to be a bit more sophisticated. The forum has been going about 4 years now, we have a wealth of material stored (somewhere!) from some very knowledgable people, but it is clumsy to search. This really diminishes it's value. ( In fact I think I usually use google search engine to find old threads!)

So we need to be able to get at all this information, also we want to try and be more organised in the way it is laid out. So the new forum will be separated better into subject areas, each with its own board. We kind of do this already, but unfortunately most people will just post to the default 'General' section. There are lots of other possibilities, such as sharing pictures, private messaging and things that we don't even know about that would add to the value of the board.

It would be a great help if anyone has a bit of time free and doesn't mind testing this new board before we go live.

email me [email protected] and I'll forward more details

Many thanks

Rich

[email protected]
www.swog.org.uk
Rich

Return to General