Small Woodland Owners' Group

Advice in relation to buying woodland

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Advice in relation to buying woodland

Postby tomds » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:08 pm

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum and looking for some advice. I am currently in the process of looking to purchase a small plot of woodland that's come up for sale near me. The woodland has been broken up into smaller plots, which I understand frustrates some people. For me, it's the only way owning a piece of woodland becomes possible. The plot I am looking at is half an acre and has been priced at £6,500. I am planning to view the woodland plot tomorrow, but I would like to know if that if an acceptable price to pay?

Thanks in advance,

Tom
tomds

Re: Advice in relation to buying woodland

Postby Bearwood » Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:45 pm

Hi Tom,

Welcome to the forum. Being a newcomer myself, I've recently been in a similar situation.

I agree with Oldclaypaws on this one, but geographic location counts for a lot in terms of value. Here in the East Midlands, £5k per acre is a fair price.
Bearwood

Re: Advice in relation to buying woodland

Postby tomds » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:41 pm

Hi, thanks for the replys. I've been and viewed the woodland today and have to say it's beautiful. It's quiet, flat and has nice well established trees. There is also a small natural stream running through the plots I am considering. The woodland itself was used to film parts of the 'Darling buds of may'. Whilst I know it's small I believe this would suit both my partner and I. We work full time and are looking for somewhere to escape to during the weekends.
tomds

Return to General