Small Woodland Owners' Group

a question for woodland owners

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: a question for woodland owners

Postby Alex » Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:56 am

Really sensibile Old clay, hope they 'stay orf yer land'.

It's interesting to read about this, I'm really fortunate to have ground in an isolated area and difficult to access area.

We don't have signs or padlock any gates, although the area is fenced off for the stock. Our land actually has an ancient right of way straight through it, however this currently appears to be an unknown, although I have had to chase down off roaders twice, to tell them, 'get off my land'... :D cheeky people started aruing with me too. (they wouldn't of got far because the way they were going can barely fit a small quadbike anyways)
Alex

Re: a question for woodland owners

Postby ncrawshaw » Sat Nov 03, 2012 5:39 pm

Interesting question. My wood has no public rights of way and is quite out of the way. It is accessed from the road through someone else's wood, over which I have a right of way. On the locked gate on the road I, and my neighbour have no signs. I think that if you put up "Private, No Access" signs, it draws attention the fact you don't want people to come in and it might encourage them to purposely come in to see what's worth looking at!! In my case, I do have a sign on my own access gate within the woodland declaring that there is "No Public Access" in case some one has innocently wandered in and may need to be told.
ncrawshaw

Return to General