Small Woodland Owners' Group

what tree??

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: what tree??

Postby splodger » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:23 pm

mmm - this is a tricky one - as it's really down to personal taste - oddly enough my dad and i were chatting the other dad about what i should do with him "when he goes" and i said that i would like to have him "planted " up the woods and he said that he would like an oak tree planted with him - so assuming that we can get the right permissions - that is what i shall do ;)

i'd actually like to plant a corkscrew hazel as a memorial tree - if my dad wants oak, that is what he shall get - and i'll plant a corkscrew hazel for one of my dogs (i actually lost one this year but she got a wych elm - so hazel it will be for the next one 8-) )
splodger

Postby SimonFisher » Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:32 pm

There's an article on the Woodlands.co.uk web site that might be of interest - http://www.woodlands.co.uk/blog/practical-guides/green-burial-can-i-be-buried-in-my-woodland/.
SimonFisher

Postby splodger » Sat Nov 24, 2012 5:33 pm

as i understand it - i need permission from the rivers authority before committing a body to the ground - also need a willing priest to bless the ground - not essential but preferable - and i'd certainly make sure i had a death certificate :D

our ground is actually very sandy (sand on gravel) but at least digging is easy and will be done by hand (not digger)
splodger

Return to General