Small Woodland Owners' Group

Woodburners and fuel market

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: Woodburners and fuel market

Postby Chunkymunky » Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:45 pm

Didn't have any. No permission and was obviously going somewhere. Got plenty right now. Just no time to split anything.

I am lucky because a friend is a warden for Malvern hills conservators. I help them when weathers bad with my kitted Landy so if I am struggling they let me have some logs.
Chunkymunky

Postby Alex » Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:44 am

when you remove fallen wood from water channels, is it the landowner giving you the call or the Environment Agency?
Alex

Postby Chunkymunky » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Alex wrote:when you remove fallen wood from water channels, is it the landowner giving you the call or the Environment Agency?

Usually EA. neighbour works for them. Someone has to remove them or they'll block pipes under roads causing damage.
Chunkymunky

Postby Chunkymunky » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:46 pm

As some on this thread seem to misunderstand what I have said I feel that I need to make several things clear.

I live in Malvern, an area where run off from heavy rain is very fast and can be destructive if natural waterways become blocked. Through my work as a waterways surveyor have made numerous contacts that call me if they hear of this scenario. I am asked if "I could just" help. Likewise if I spot a newly fallen tree that might cause it I call it in and await an answer. They'll either sort if themselves or ask if I'll sort it. I never ever removed any wood from anywhere without permission or having been asked to do so by those responsible for it.

I have other contacts and friends who often call if something has fallen on their land and they need it moving.

To suggest that I might enter anyone's land and just remove wood and insinuate that I thieve anything I find both ignorant and deeply insulting. Over years of helping people and authorities I have gained contacts which mean I don't need to hunt wood. It's offered.
Chunkymunky

Previous

Return to General