Small Woodland Owners' Group

Newsletter - Can anybody help?

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Newsletter - Can anybody help?

Postby docsquid » Mon Apr 08, 2013 2:40 pm

I am looking for people to write about the following for the newsletter. Can anybody help?

1. Building something that is really good fun in the woodlands e.g. a tree-house, zip-wire, MTB trail...if anybody has done this and is willing to write about it, please do let me know.
2. Products or services that you sell in your woodlands - e.g. do you sell timber, logs, firewood, wood-chip or do you make finished products such as fences, stakes, poles, turned wood products. Or do you sell services in your woodlands e.g. renting to companies that run events, running workshops or courses? If you do, and would like to write about it for the newsletter, then please do let me know.
3. Reviews of any items that you use in the woods, be it clothing, chainsaws, trailers, hand tools...you name it, we would like to hear about it.

Or indeed, articles about anything else. Many thanks!
docsquid

Re: Newsletter - Can anybody help?

Postby davetb » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:05 pm

Hi Docsquid,
We've had our woodland for about 5 years.
I've built a Treehouse, made a few 'mistakes', learnt from them and built a Treebog style compost loo.
I bought a new chainsaw - Stihl ms 201 about a month ago.
I have also just ordered new chainsaw trousers / boots today.
The trousers are the new 2013 Pfanner ventilation Air A trousers - I am trying to find cool (temp) trousers as I don't wear my protective trousers as spring comes - as I get way too hot ( but highly value my legs ).
I have chainsaw boots and wellies but don't wear them - uncomfortable.
The new boots are Klima AIR Zermatt GTX Chainsaw Boots, a walking boot style. Really meant for arborists but I'm hoping they'll be more comfortable for everyday use.
I decided to turn over a new leaf and find comfortable boots / trousers for summer.
I'd be happy to try to write a couple of articles on the above, but will probably need a bit of 'direction'.
Cheers,
Dave
davetb

Postby docsquid » Thu May 02, 2013 11:09 am

Dave, thank you so much for offering to help.
I'm afraid I'm stepping down from the Newsletter, at least for a while. But I'm sure Judith will be in touch with you about future newsletter articles.
docsquid

Postby Judith » Thu May 02, 2013 11:54 am

Dave, I would love to hear more about your treehouse etc. Can you email me at [email protected] and maybe we could sort something out?

Cheers,

Judith
Judith

Postby davetb » Wed May 08, 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,
Just got back from long w/e in woods. Great weather, can get truck freely around.
Moving trailers, caravan, trees etc.
I'll dig out some photos in next couple of days, and send you them.
Cheers, Dave
davetb

Return to General