Small Woodland Owners' Group

Buying a wood in Scotland, solicitors etc

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Re: Buying a wood in Scotland, solicitors etc

Postby Dexter's Shed » Tue Nov 19, 2013 4:30 pm

dredger99 wrote: the woods are like prozak for my soul.

On a final note you have made the best start to your purchase by coming to this site, as i said at the start i don't post very often but there are some of the most knowledgable people regarding woodlands and everything woodlandy here.

So good luck and let us know how you get on.

DREDGER99

sorry to hijack the post, but is there a reason you don't post often on here? do you have your own blog/page that you update, or are you not a posting type person?
I only ask as you sound similar to myself in your purchases (just got a 4m bell tent) and will be pinching your prozak quote
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue Nov 19, 2013 5:16 pm

the woods are like prozak for my soul

Nicely put. The sense of well being that comes from just being in your own wood is sufficient justification for buying one without any other consideration.

I lost my business a month ago and had surgery last week, but there I was laying into the brambles with my brushcutter this afternoon, golden oak leaves drifting down from the canopy in the sun, dogs chasing each other round the trees, first of next years buds appearing on the Hazel, musty smells and cooing pigeons, and it was really great just being in that special place, nothing else mattered.
oldclaypaws

Postby dredger99 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:46 pm

Hey all.

Dexters shed,

I'm just not the posting type unfortunately, but i love reading all the posts by yourself and old claypaws i love your vids and if it wasn't for people like yourselves these types of groups would dry up.

I will definately make an effort to get more involved :roll: promise

Oldclaypaws

Sorry to hear about your job and i hope you get well soon, I'm sure being in the woods will help.
oh and by the way your dogs are absolutely beautiful the vid you posted of your dog hiding behind the tree had me in a stitch.

look at that 2 posts in one day, i'm already improving.

dredger
dredger99

Postby oldclaypaws » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:37 pm

Thank you Dredger for your kind comments,

Ratty aka Dexxy and myself do perhaps have a tad of mischief about us, but we tone it down now, having perhaps overstepped the mark a while back and having been made to stand in the corner, after a spanking which Dexxy thoroughly enjoyed. Normally he pays for it.

As regards my sudden unanticipated 'retirement', it was due to the very selfish action of an insensitive and materialistic landlord, who put his own bland ambitions above what was of great value to a whole community. My top gallery which took 10 years to build up is being turned into an office. Apart from sacrificing chickens, lighting black candles and inviting Satan to come and feast on the remains of the aforesaid toad, I'm taking it rather well. Retailing is a real bind, you don't get out much. I've no immediate shortage of wonga; her indoors feeds me and the hounds and I've always been frugal so have lots of savings and a fair bit of capital in standing oak trees. I've loads of ideas and freedom now, so its playtime. I'll have great fun the next year reshaping the wood, building cabins, having sleepovers with chums, trying new creative processes and experimenting with chutneys and homebrews.

As regards health, its in the hands of the quacks. If I'm OK and they let me out, I'll spend 15 hours a day in the wood celebrating. If I'm not OK, I'll be spending 24 hours a day in the wood, just not moving about very much and residing under rather than above ground level. Either way, it'll be a restful experience ! I'm determined to live life to the full, not least to enjoy the wood and my two wonderful dogs, if feeling positive is an indicator, I'll make it to 100.
oldclaypaws

Postby Landpikey » Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:10 pm

Welcome to the board!!

I've sent you a PM with my thoughts on our purchase so please check your messages.

You certainly won't regret buying it. Being able to walk into your own wood, do what you want (mostly), when you want and with whoever you want is superb. We have had numerous cups of tea and campfires already.

Good luck, when you have completed your purchase please let us know where you are. We're neighbours with Dredger99 and it would be good to have a local group (excuse for camping and celebrating???).

Keep enough in the budget for "toys" as well. The list is long and most of the things are mentioned on the board somewhere.

:)
Landpikey

Previous

Return to General