Small Woodland Owners' Group

"Woodlands.co.uk managed" signs

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

"Woodlands.co.uk managed" signs

Postby jennysmate » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:02 pm

Visited my wood yesterday and noticed "Woodlands.co.uk Managed" signs have appeared on a couple of my neighboures trees, facing the road. Does anybody know what thats all about?
jennysmate

Re: "Woodlands.co.uk managed" signs

Postby Dexter's Shed » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:12 pm

probably up for sale, check out their website?
Dexter's Shed

Postby jennysmate » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:23 pm

Dont think so. No mention of "for sale" on the board. they were in 2 different woods. checked woods for sale on woodlands site and no mention of them. Strange....
jennysmate

Postby Wendelspanswick » Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:35 pm

A small wood near us was sold by Woodlands For sale about 4 years ago and yet the signs are still up. I am guessing that there is a clause in the purchase contract stating that their advertising boards have to stay on display.
Perhaps the woods you mentioned were originally sold by WFS and the owners have been told they need to comply with the clause?
Only guessing mind.
Wendelspanswick

Postby jennysmate » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:23 am

Could be, but I bought from woodlands for sale and havent been told to put up a sign.Has anyone else?
It is the managed part that intrigued me. Have they taken over the management of these 2 woods? and if so why? The admin. team here are connected to woodlands.co.uk perhaps they could enlighten me? :? :?
jennysmate

Postby Dexter's Shed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:26 am

is their a phone number? perhaps try ringing it
or
its not on your woods, why worry
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 am

If you go to woodlands.co.uk and click on the regional maps, it'll bring up a mugshot and phone number of the representative in charge of the appropriate region. I'm sure there is a quite innocent explanation and they'll be more than happy to tell you, as a neighbour, what is going on. I'd guess perhaps the person who bought it from them has had a change in circumstances and they or their family don't want others to think the wood is unattended while its long term management or ownership is resolved.

When interested in a particular wood I rang my area rep and found them very open, helpful and forthcoming. As it happens I didn't buy my wood from them, but am very grateful to them sponsoring the forum, putting up woodlands TV, and generally (although a business) giving an opportunity to many would-be owners an opportunity to acquire a little patch of personal heaven.

They've made a positive contribution to UK woodlands, IMO.
oldclaypaws

Postby Steve Medlock » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:25 pm

I understand that Woodlands manage the main access tracks between my wood and my neighbours' woods. I came across a couple of guys on a quad bike one day in my wood and they said that they were from Woodlands checking the tracks although, as I explained to them, the track they were on was in my ownership. Also one of my neighbours mentioned that a chap with rifle on one of the tracks claimed to be culling dear on behalf of Woodlands. I'm sure he was a poacher however.

Steve.
Steve Medlock

Postby Dexter's Shed » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Steve Medlock wrote: I'm sure he was a poacher however.

Steve.

it would be very stupid of any poacher to be carrying a rifle, armed trespass is a 5yr minimum
Dexter's Shed

Postby oldclaypaws » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 pm

Again, a call to the Woodlands area rep would establish whether or not these individuals were genuinely from the company or not. I'd be surprised if they did culling.
oldclaypaws

Next

Return to General