Small Woodland Owners' Group

Well, June Seems Like It Was A Good Month

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby adam » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 pm

June was a good month for my little Woodland and I. It started off with approval comming through from the local planning authority to do some work over the next 5 year period including cutting up to 5m3 of firewood each quarter :-)

I then did some more work patching up the access track which, (at least until the next rainy season) seems to be in fairly good order now. Of course with all the paper work and access sorted I could then get started on filling my very empty wood store and testing out my new "Tirfor type" winch. So I felled a small variety of hung up, diseased and leaning treas and went home with a nice 4 and a half m3 of firewood that is slowly starting to dry in the sun.

Hard work but all good fun. Hopefully next month I'll get to fit some bat boxes but also need to spend some time opening up the internal track and footpath. With any luck, I may even get to see the Owl that I've heard a few times.

Adam.

adam

Postby tracy » Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:02 pm

Sounds like great fun Adam - remember to check for nests at this time of year - I guess most birds are out by now, but you never know!

tracy

Postby Catweazle » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:00 pm

You could put some Owl boxes up too, plans available via Google.

Catweazle

Return to General