Small Woodland Owners' Group

£50 per day for professional services!

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby adrian rossant » Sat Jul 31, 2010 3:49 pm

Hello all

As I am new to this site I hope that I am not breaking site rules or etiquette but just maybe what I am about to say could be of interest to some of you.

I can see from reading various posts that you all seem to be practical hands-on have a go woodland owner types but it occurs to me that even though this is the case, there must be times when the services of a fully trained experienced professional could come in really handy. About now I should imagine most of you are thinking 'here we go again just another contractor touting for work', in some respects you could be right but there is a difference between me and some contractors. Namely If I could I would do this type of work for free just for the pure enjoyment of doing it but like everyone else I have to make a living so I only charge the absolute bare minimum, I really do care about and am just as passionate about woodlands as you are and as I intend to specialize in the maintenance of small woods and am a sole trader I can keep my charges down to typically £50 per day. This I feel represents excellent value for money when you consider I have twenty five years experience, am educated to H N D level in conservation woodland industries/city & guilds level three in tree and woodland management, have all the necessary tickets for this type of work, includes all machinery use plus fuel and is based on a full eight hour day. Also as a matter of course I would be delighted to show/teach any aspect of what I am engaged in.

I wont bore everybody to death with a list of tasks I can undertake, in stead I shall simply say I have experience in a very wide range of woodland / estate maintenance tasks and would be more than happy to send any interested parties my C.V. or give them more information.

So if your woods are in the Cranbrook, Tenterden or Hawkhurst areas of Kent and you feel I could be of assistance. please get in touch.

adrian rossant

Postby carlight » Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:33 pm

hi , and welcome .

Hope your offer is taken up by the kentlanders .

( if you get stuck for work ,i would give you a week's pay for you to explain to me how to run saws ,landrovers ,insurances and so on , fer £50 a day ! )

carlight

Postby Toby Allen » Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:38 pm

ditto...

Toby Allen

Postby adrian rossant » Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:17 pm

Hi there

thanks for that, if theres any specific info you need or have any queries about saws etc. Please ask, I will do my best to help.

Cheers

adrian rossant

Postby martingarwood » Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:06 pm

Adrian ....a local offer too good to pass by !

I own a few acres of mainly chestnut coppice off the Goudhurst/Cranbrook road, within Old Park Wood. I am sure I can make use of you during the autumn/winter period on some coppicing and thinning etc. I am assuming you will have all the nec. insurances etc. and pref some references.

Old Park Wood is a lotted wood and there are around 20 owners, so maybe others will use you too. We have had problems with one or two previous contractors not locking gates and are thus a bit wary, so you would need to be good as well as inexpensive !

What's the best way to contact you ?

martingarwood

Postby adrian rossant » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 pm

Hello Martin

Good to hear from you, in response to your post.

Yes I will be covered by insurance up to £1000000 and will be more than happy for you to view it.

There should be no problems in getting references (obviously I will have to ask them first if it is ok to give you there emails and or phone numbers) one from a very well known local woodland industries/chainsaw trainer/assessor and the other from my previous employer.

Please be assured there wont be any problems concerning locking gates etc, as said in previous post I have years of experience and am very aware of the need for privacy/security.

Obviously I would need to visit your wood and discuss the required work for risk assessment purposes which I am required to do to conform to health & safety legislation.

The best way to contact me would be by email, [email protected]

adrian rossant

Return to General