Small Woodland Owners' Group

Looking for coppice owners and coppice woodworkers!

Topics that don't easily fit anywhere else!

Postby loghouseman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:26 am

Hello everyone - first post so a bit nervous!!

I have recently been contacted by Mark Krawczyk, an American forest researcher, consultant and woodworker who is currently co-authoring a manual on coppice forestry for North America.

He is coming over to England in February, from the 15th to the 17th before coming over France to see me. He is looking to meet with coppice woodworkers, - especially those who are also actively managing coppice woodland and would be willing to share their knowledge of all types of coppice management with him.

He is coming over to Europe for his research because coppice as a form of woodland management is relatively non-existent in the USA and he would like to promote its many virtues there.

Mark has managed to raise the money to using a very innovative type of funding called Kickstarter. You can read, and watch a video about the project here http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coppiceagroforestry/dave-and-mark-write-a-coppice-agroforestry-book

Mark is also himself a very accomplished woodworker. You can view his work on his website

http://www.rivenwoodcrafts.com/Welcome.html

If you are able to assist Mark in any way with his project please contact him at

[email protected]

Thank you so much to anyone who can help with this.

Michael

loghouseman

Postby tracy » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks for your post Michael and I hope someone can help. Have you contacted various coppice associations as well? I am sure they would help

Tracy

tracy

Postby splodger » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:14 pm

i will ask my dad if he would like to help - as he is extremely experienced and knowledgeable in green woodwork and coppicing

splodger

Postby loghouseman » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:52 am

Thanks to everyone who has contacted Mark. He has now filled all of his available time for his week in the UK.

All the best - Michael

loghouseman

Postby tracy » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:48 am

That is great! We would love some feedback from Mark about how he got in, when he is done if that is possible?

tracy

Return to General